North Conway is in the heart of the White Mountains region of New Hampshire. It is a popular vacation destination year-round. The village of North Conway is located about two hours north of Boston, Massachusetts.
North Conway is home to more than 250 alpine ski trails as well as hundreds of acres of White Mountain National Forest land surrounding Mt. Washington, the biggest mountain in the northeast. Those who love the outdoors will find plenty to do in North Conway during any season. Hiking, fishing, swimming, biking, skiing, sledding, canoeing are common activities. Other than its outdoors activities, North Conway is home to a large strip of shopping areas including factory outlet stores, antique shops, and country stores.
- From Boston - Interstate 95 North. In New Hampshire, take Exit 4 to the Spaulding Turnpike, Route 16 North, continue on Route 16 North to North Conway.
- From Concord - North on Interstate 93, take Exit 23. Follow Rt. 104 East to Meredith to Rt. 25 East. Follow Rt. 25 East to Ossipee and Rt. 16 North.
- From Montreal - South on Interstate 91 to Exit 19 to Interstate 93 South. Take Exit 40, onto Rt. 302 East in Bethlehem. Follow Rt. 302 East to Bartlett. Continue on Rt. 302 towards Glen/North Conway.
- From New York City - North on Interstate 91 to Exit 17, Wells River, Vermont. Cross over to Woodsville, NH and follow Rt. 302 to Bartlett. Continue on Rt. 302 towards Glen/North Conway.
- Avis, Laconia Municipal Airport, ☎ . Su-Sa 8AM-6PM.
- Enterprise, 51 Bisson Ave., Laconia, ☎ . M-F 8AM-6PM, Sa 9AM-12PM.
Passengers flying into Manchester-Boston Regional Airport (MHT) or Portland International Jetport (PWM) will also find rental cars available at those airports.
Much of North Conway’s shops and less interactive attractions are on the town’s main road, Route 16. Even with their close proximity, a car is more convenient for travel in the wintertime, as well as for travel to some of the attractions and activities outside of walking distance. In North Conway, taxi companies service all local areas.
- Harris Taxi, 170 Grove St, ☎ .
- Turtle Taxi, Spruce Ave., Bartlett, ☎ .
- 1-800TAXICAB Inc., ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com.
Most of the taxi services include large capacity vans, car seats for children, and airport shuttle services.
- Conway Scenic Railroad, Rt. 16 and 302, ☎ , toll-free: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Adult $14.50, Children under 3 free, Child (4-12) $10.Enjoy the natural scenery of NH while enjoying a meal. Absorb the local history and check out North Conway station, in operation for more than 130 years.
- Mt. Washington Children’s Museum, 2936 White Mountain Highway, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. $5, children under 1: Free.Offering fun activities for children and the whole family to enjoy. Playgroups and birthday parties are among some of the museum's scheduled activities.
- Mt. Washington Observatory, P. O. Box 2310, ☎ , fax: +1 603-356-0307. The Observatory offers overnight educational trips, a pleasant view of the surrounding mountains, and guided snow tractor day trips in the Valley and up to the summit of Mt. Washington. Daytrips: $159, Educational Trips: $459.
- Snow People on Parade. Fiberglass snowmen displayed all over N.H. One of the 17 beautifully decorated snowmen are displayed at the Settler's Green outlet.
- Foliage and Covered Bridges, Rt. 112. Old style wooden bridges and New Hampshire's scenic Kancamagus Highway of the White Mountains.
- Earth and Fire Studio Gallery, 2526 White Mountain Highway, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Watch beautiful glass blowing on the spot while browsing the arts and crafts of N.H. designers.
- White Mountain Artisans Gallery, 3358 White Mountain Highway, ☎ , toll-free: , fax: +1 603-356-3365, e-mail: email@example.com. The White Mountain Artisans Gallery is an amazing experience. The gallery exhibits and retails beautiful art of all media, fine handcrafted furniture, and gifts displayed in an exquisitely renovated historic barn that has graced the valley for over 130 years.
- Cathedral Ledge, 60 Echo Lake Road (Located off of West Side Road). Panoramic views of the Mount Washington Valley are accessed by car atop the 1000 foot tall rock ledge. A very steep, easily driven road (Cathedral Ledge Road) leads tourists up the mountain in a matter of minutes where they are able to park and hike a 100 foot trail to the fenced viewing area. Easy access and limited area make this location slightly crowded at times. This area also attracts many experienced and novice climbers who ascend the rock face throughout the summer and winter months.
North Conway is a popular area for rock climbing and hiking with Cathedral Ledge and Diana’s Baths being the most popular.
- Attitash Ski Resort. Route 302, 800-223-SNOW(7669). In the wintertime, Attitash is known for its 74 trails and Terrain Park for both skiers and snowboarders. In the winter of 2010, Attitash opened its Nor'easter Mountain Coaster. This coaster brings you 1,420 feet up the side of the mountain; at the top you descend 2,880 feet downward at a speed up to 25 miles per hour. A single ride on this coaster is $12 without a ski ticket, or $10 with a ski ticket. First time ride is free. Requirements to ride the coaster include: children over 3 years of age, and riders must be 9 years or older to ride alone. During the summer, Attitash is well equipped with its Alpine Slide, Water Park and Scenic View ride. Attitash is a perfect vacation spot in every season for the whole family.
- Cranmore Mountain Resort, 1 Skimobile Road, 1 603 356-5543, . Cranmore Mountain is a great beginner mountain, for those with small children learning how to ski or snowboard. It is a very family oriented resort, with a warm, cozy lodge for those needing a break from the cold. This mountain is also equipped for night skiing, with well lit up trails for those adventurous enough to ski or snowboard during the night. If you don’t have your own skiing/snowboarding equipment, you can rent right from the resort, as well as taking group lessons or individual lessons for those just beginning. There is also a tubing park located on the resort open until 9PM every day except Sunday, where it is open until 4PM. For a 2-hour tubing ticket, it is $23 for every age.
- Northern Extremes, ☎ . Main St. Offering kayaking, canoeing, tubing, snowmobiling, and hiking.
- Saco Bound, Inc. & Rapid River Rafting, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Route 302 Center, Canoeing, kayaking or rafting.
- Bike Shop, ☎ . Mountain Valley Mall Boulevard. Bike rentals.
- Sports Outlet, ☎ . Main St. Bike rentals.
- Pirate's Cove Adventure Golf, ☎ . Route 16.
- Outdoor Escapes New Hampshire, LLC, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Provides Guided Photo Tours, Moose Tours, Hiking Backpacking, Canoeing, Kayaking, Mountain Biking, Snow Shoeing and Cross Country Skiing.
- New England Dog Sledding, Attitash Ski Area, Mailing Address: 591 Kings Highway Mason Twsp, ☎ , toll-free: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Dog sledding for families or couples that includes adventure and scenery. (only 19min from North Conway)
- Farm By The River, 2555 West Side Rd, ☎ , toll-free: , e-mail: email@example.com. A Bed and Breakfast with stables for sleigh Rides and horseback riding year round.
- Bretton Woods at the Mount Washington Resort, 302 Bretton Woods, ☎ , toll-free: , fax: +1 603-278-3337, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Provides skiing, snowboarding, sleigh rides, Dog sledding and Snow shoeing.
- Eastern Mountain Climbing School, Main St, Eastern Slope Inn Complex North Conway Village, ☎ , toll-free: , e-mail: email@example.com. Snow Shoeing, Rock and Ice Climbing
- International Mountain Equipment and Climbing School, 2733 Main Street North Conway Village, ☎ , fax: +1 603-356-6492, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Rock and Ice Climbing, year round.
- Ham Arena, West Main Street, Conway, ☎ , fax: +1 603-447-5888, e-mail: email@example.com. In addition to public ice skating, the Ham Arena offers ice hockey programs and figure skating practice ice for children and adults. The Ham Arena also features a pro shop stocked with hockey equipment, an on-site pizza and snack shop, and even a video games area.
- Northern Extremes Snowmobiling, 1946 White Mtn. Highway, ☎ , toll-free: , fax: +1 603-356-7152, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Provides Snowmobiling With Guided Tours, Canoeing and Kayaking.
- AMC Highland Center, Route 302 Bretton Woods, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. The Highland Center is an ideal starting point for day hikes, paddling, snowshoe treks, skiing, and longer backcountry trips in the White Mountains.
- Alpine Slides, Attitash P.O. Box 308 Bartlett, ☎ , toll-free: . Mountain Slides and Water Slides.
- Banana Village, 2129 White Mountain Highway, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Family fun with miniature golf, food and an arcade. Banana Village encourages birthday parties and summer camp group outings to their location as well.
- Diana's Baths, West Side Road (0.5 Miles north of the Cathedral Ledge access road). The series of waterfalls is very popular amongst tourists during the summer. Many come here to cool off in the frigid mountain water of Lucy Brook. A mild 0.6 mile hike from the parking area is required to access the falls. $3 honor system for parking.
- Echo Lake State Park, 68 Echo Lake Road Conway, ☎ . M-F: 9AM-Sunset Sat/Sun: 8:30AM-Sunset. Good location for family swimming and picnics. A trail around the lake provides close-up views of Cathedral Ledge and White Horse Ledge. Pets are not permitted. Adults(12-65) : $4 Children (6-11) : $2.
- Mt. Washington Valley Winter Carnival, toll-free: . Various events held around Mt. Washington Valley. Week long event typically held mid-February through early March.
- Race to Beat Cancer, Mt. Cranmore Resort, ☎ . Held annually in February to benefit the American Cancer Society
- Mt. Washington Valley Winter Carnival, toll-free: . Various events held around Mt. Washington Valley. Week long event typically held mid-February through early March.
- March Maple Madness Weekend, toll-free: . Sat. & Sun, March 24 & 25, 2007, 11AM - 4PM. Participants get to go from inn to inn to sample maple and learn about the sugaring process.
- Annual Taste of New Hampshire, Mt. Washington Hotel, toll-free: . Chefs of the American Culinary Federation provide culinary and beverage demonstrations throughout the weekend.
- Annual Memorial Day Sidewalk Sales, Settler’s Green Outlet Village Route 16.
- Memorial Day Weekend Craft Fair, North Conway Community Center, ☎ .
- Mt. Washington Road Race, ☎ . Held in mid-June, annual hillclimb up the Mt. Washington Auto Road.
- Annual Arts Jubilee, ☎ . Indoor and outdoor concert series held June–August.
- Independence Day Celebration, Schouler Park, ☎ . July 4th. Includes fireworks around 9PM
- Annual Bach Festival, ☎ . August 23–26, 2007. Four-day event celebrating the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. $30-$60 for all four shows.
- Labor Day Weekend Lobster Bake and BBQ, White Mountain Hotel West Side Rd, ☎ .
- Labor Day Sidewalk Sales, Settler’s Green Outlets, Route 16. Back to school specials at more than 60 stores.
- Fall Festival and Scarecrow Contest, Settler’s Green Outlet Village, Route 16, ☎ . Held in late September through early October, free events for the whole family.
- Fryeburg Fair, Nearby Fryeburg, Maine, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. A week long historical event only 20 minutes from North Conway held in the first week of October. $42 for an 8 day pass, $24-$30 per night for camper parking.
- Fall Festival and Scarecrow Contest, Settler’s Green Outlet Village Route 16, ☎ . Held in late September through early October, free events for the whole family.
- Polar Express Event, Conway Scenic Railroad 38 Norcross Circle. This special event takes adult and children passengers on the Polar Express to the “North Pole” departing from the center of North Conway.
- New Years Festival and Party, Schouler Park, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hale's Location Golf & Country Club, ☎ . West Side Road 18 holes. Par 36.
- North Conway Country Club, ☎ . North Conway Village at Norcross Circle. 18 hole par 71 course rated as one of the top ten golf courses in New Hampshire.
- White Mountain Resort, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Off West Side Road,
The numerous stores and shopping centers are located on “the strip,” a stretch of road on Route 16 in North Conway.
- North Conway Antiques and Collectibles, ☎ . Routes 16 and 302.
- Richard M. Plusch Fine Antiques, Routes 16 and 302, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Settler's Green Outlet Village Plus, ☎ . Route 16.
- Tanger Outlet Centers, toll-free: . Route 16.
- Zeb's General Store, Route 16, ☎ , toll-free: . Zeb's General Store is like the candy store everyone imagines when they were a kid. It has many different types of candy, honey sticks, and homemade fudge. Not only does Zeb's sell candy, but there are a variety of gift baskets, New England specialty foods, crackers, maple syrup, desserts, dips, and many, many more, all priced reasonably. It is a great place to go to make the children happy, and perhaps pick up a self-made gift basket for someone or try a different type of recipe. Zeb's is one of those stores that has a little bit of everything!
- Naked Bohemian, 23 Reporter Ct, ☎ . Unique handmade furniture.
- Settler's Green Outlet Village Plus, Route 16, toll-free: . Stores include: Banana Republic, Eddie Bauer, J Crew, Nike, Old Navy, Pacific Sunwear, Children’s Place, Gap, Van Heusen, Wilson’s Leather, Coach, Aeropostale, Adidas, Bass, Brookstone, Carter's, Champion, Harry and David, Journeys, Reebok, Talbots. This shopping outlet is conveniently located, with great parking to access any store. During the winter season, it is busier with more people because of the tourist attractions and skiing/snowboarding resorts surrounding this area. This shopping outlet is also located not more than 5 minutes from numerous hotels, inns or resorts to stay at.*
- White Mountain Outlets, Route 16. Stores include: L.L. Bean, Polo Ralph Lauren, Chuck Roast, Nautica, Brooks Brothers, Liz Claiborne.
- Christmas Loft, Route 16, ☎ .*
- WalMart, 46 North South Rd, ☎ .
- Staples, Route 16, ☎ .
- Simply Primitive, 2730 Main St, ☎ .
- Sawyer River Knife & Trading Company, 16 Norcross Pl (north of the Park in the Village), ☎ . 11AM-5PM. Largest selection of quality cutlery and sporting knives. Gourmet kitchen store with the best names in small kitchen appliances, cookware and kitchen gadgets.
- Main St Bike Rental, Bartlett Village (2 mile west pf attitash), ☎ . Family bike rentals. Ride the country roads or gravel forest roads. We rent Schwin bikes.
- Ben and Jerry's, 26 Norcross Circle, ☎ . Located in the heart of North Conway Village.
- McDonlad's, 1750 White Mountain Highway, ☎ .
- Burger King, RT 302 (End of Eastman Road on RT 302), ☎ . 6AM-1AM.
- Dairy Queen, 1561 White Mountain Highway, ☎ . Sunday-Thursday: 11AM-9:30PM. Friday and Saturday: 11AM-10:30PM.
- Pizza Hut, 1896 White Mountain Highway, ☎ .
- Brandli's Pizza Pasta Grille, 29 Common Ct, ☎ . at Settlers' Green Outlet Village.
- Delaney's Hole In the Wall, 2966 White Mountain Highway, ☎ . Delaney’s is a family oriented tavern with a variety of options on the menu serving both lunch and dinner. Located in the heart of the White Mountain region in New Hampshire, there is always a crowd made up of skiers and snowboarders from all over in the winter. On occasion, there is entertainment at the restaurant, such as singers/bands. There are always TVs with sporting events on to watch as well. Their motto is “Big Time Portions – Big Time Drinks – Big Time Fun for the Whole Family.”
- Horsefeathers, 2679 White Mountain Highway, ☎ .
- Peaches Restaurant. Excellent for breakfast.
- The Stairway Café. Excellent for breakfast.
- White Horse Grille & Tavern, ☎ . West Side Road.
- Muddy Moose Restaurant and Pub, 2344 White Mountain Highway, ☎ . 11:30AM-10PM.
- Peking Sunrise Restaurant, 1179 Eastman Rd, ☎ . 11:30AM-9:30PM. Lunch Specials daily 11:30-3PM.
- Panda Garden Chinese Food (Chinese Cuisine), 32 White Mountain Highway (Located in Mountain Mall Valley Shopping Center), ☎ . Sunday-Thursday: 11:30AM to 9:30PM. Friday and Saturday: 11:30AM-10:30PM.
- Black Cap Grille, 1498 White Mountain Highway (Located in Settler's Crossing between EMS and L.L. Bean). 11:30AM-9:30PM. Kitchen open until 10PM on Weekends. Bar serves later.
- Applebees's Neighborhood Grill, 24 S Main St, ☎ . 11AM-12AM. Located at the entrance to Settlers' Green Outlet Shops.
- Merlino's Family Steakhouse, 1717 White Mountain Highway, ☎ . 11AM-9PM.
- Friendly's Ice Cream Shop, 1657 White Mountain Highway, ☎ . 8AM-11PM.
- Fiesta Jalisco, 6 Mountain Valley Blvd, ☎ . Monday-Thursday: 11AM-10PM, Friday-Saturday: 11AM-10:30PM, Sunday: 11AM-9PM.
- Moat Mountain Smoke House & Brewing Co., 3378 White Mountain Highway, ☎ . (Route 16).
- Eastman Inn, 2331 White Mountain Highway, ☎ , toll-free: . A 14 room year-round bed and breakfast located on the main road, 6 blocks from the center of North Conway. All rooms with private baths and air conditioning. $110 to $160 per night.
- Darbyfield Inn 185 Chase Hill, Albany, Local: +1 603-447-2181 Reservations: 1-800-426-4147 Fax: 603-447-5726 email: email@example.com, . Much more than a little bed and breakfast our full service romantic county inn has fireplace and jacuzzi rooms and suites.
- North Conway Chalet (4 BR 2 BA Home) +1 857-257-9081. $100-$280 a night. See pictures at cyberrentals.com ID 91860
- Clarendon Motel, 3537 White Mountain Highway, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Located in the heart of North Conway. $55 to $130.
- Red Elephant Inn (formerly Victorian Harvest Inn), 28 Locust Ln, ☎ , toll-free: . A year-round bed and breakfast located on a quiet wooded lane just off the main route. Eight rooms with private baths and air conditioning, garden and pool. $80 to $200 per night. Great views of the Moat Mountain range. The breakfasts are outstanding!
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 1732 White Mountain Hwy, ☎ .
- Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Spa, Route 16, Phone: +1 603 356-5411, Toll-free: +1-800-752-2538, Fax: +1 603 356-3842, .
- Fox Ridge Resort, ☎ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11PM. Offers three room types: family rooms, rooms, and jacuzzi rooms. $75 to $200.
- Isaac Merrill House, toll-free: . The Isaac Merrill House has only 15 rooms, with four different room styles to choose from, this hotel is about atmosphere and history. $99 to $159.
- North Conway Grand Hotel, Rt. 16 Settler’s Green, ☎ , toll-free: , e-mail: email@example.com. $89 to $199, meals not included.
- Residence Inn by Marriott, North Conway, 1801 White Mountain Highway, ☎ . Features family suites with double queen beds, high-speed Internet access and breakfast.
- Green Granite Inn and Conference Center, 1515 White Mountain Highway (Route 16), ☎ , toll-free: . Outside North Conway Village, right near Settler's Green Outlets. $100-$270 per night.